Jul 29, 2021
How I feel after 2 months of being in a funk & some of the
lessons I’ve learned.
Lesson from finally returning back to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ)
after taking 2 mos off.
BJJ is therapy for me, physically, mentally & emotionally.
- Physical exercise is huge in helping us through emotional low
points. Even 5 push-ups a day or 10 sit-ups or even just
stretching. Do SOMETHING physical throughout an emotional
Yes, I made poor eating decisions the past 2 mos & didn’t
exercise the past 2 mos, but what are the positives I DID do over
the past 2 mos?
- Note / list what things you ARE doing well even in the midst of
an emotional funk.
- Forgive yourself for making poor decisions while in the
- Find a friend or mentor that you can be accountable to & share
with them how you’re doing.
- What routines were you doing prior to your funk that you can
start doing again that can act as a “positive (emotional)
- What friend can you connect with that makes you feel special?
Reach out to them.
- Maybe you need a break in your routine.
- Set a time frame if you DO end up taking a break in your
routine. Set a start & end date. The end date can also be a time
where you just re-assess. Make it a conscious decision of when you
start & stop your breaks.
- Give yourself grace & patience ESPECIALLY when you’re in a
- When you DO take 3 steps forward & 2 steps back, that is
actually a sign that you ARE growing & changing.
- Journal through an emotional funk.
- Get better at recognizing and paying attention to when & why I
go into a funk.
- Take an online course or a class about something you’ve always
wanted to learn or do that can possibly inspire you or encourage